Monday, December 27, 2021

A Preview


 This will be interesting. I designed this quilt years ago. Then 4 years ago I chose the fabric from stash. And now members of the Stashbusters online group is using the 54 - 40 or Fight block in quilts they are making. I guess its time to make it. I'm  almost all cut out too, using these fabrics.

 This design is related in that it uses the same unit. The unit goes by several names. A few years back it was Peaky and Spike. Another designer calls it Tri and Recs and uses a ruler set to cut the pieces. There are others. They are common pieces in patchwork and browsing a book of blocks you will see them often enough. I've used them a few times already in several quilts.

I'm rusty at this so giving links isn't going to work today, but check the quilts on posts dated

Jan 1, 2018

Nov 10, 2019

and Dec 7, 2021





1 comment:

Kat Scribner said...

This is a great design, Gayle. I like how the setting appears to be on pointe indicating setting triangle areas, but its actually the corner squares as part of the 9 patch in the block. very clever. I'll be doing this shape but for a quilting along project with Natalia Bonner in January.