Tuesday, December 7, 2021

A Little Rusty

 I don't think I ever intended to stop posting to my blog. But life got in the way. A herniated disk at C7-T1 made it difficult to do much of anything, add to that a good case of arthritis and I am not too comfortable at the computer anymore. It hasn't stopped me from piecing quilt tops at least. I do a bit of quilting and hope to do more now that it is winter and my back is better.  I'll plan to post pictures of what I've put together. Some for me, some donation quilts. our church group thought we might focus on wheelchair quilts so those will be smaller than usual. They haven't been delivered yet, so don't know how they will be received. Between Covid-19 and my back, I haven't met with the ladies much at Studio 3 either. Good thing it is not important that I show these in any particular order. 











I drew this up eons ago. I can tell cause it was on graph paper and I haven't used graph paper in years.



I made this just a few years ago but didn't add a border. I found matching fabric online, added the border, quilted it and donated it to church festival for a raffle.


I thought I'd try an off-center setting for these double 4-patch blocks.


I added one more row to this and put it away cause I was undecided about adding a border. 

I drew these Butterflies up years ago.
                                                      Time to make it.


My daughter's friend chose this quilt.

This was an old class sample I finally finished to donate.



This is the latest using strips and strings of 1930's repro's, Fast and fun. I'll likely do it again.



Doing this much tells me I have more pictures to take. Some are completed tops without a final picture. I quilted a bunch of small ones, mostly old class samples and donated to a nursing home. Some bigger tops were quilted too, but I posted them before as a top.  I also donated a bunch of quilt tops to QOV for someone else to finish and just passed on a box with 8 tops for a stashbuster friend to finish and donate. That would be Ellen. Thanks you Ellen.  I hope to post the donation quilts next. Then I'll take more pictures and may add a few more. I do like to see them all here on the blog.  Maybe if I used the voice to text feature I would post more. Something to think about.




2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Gayle, it is nice to see you posting again. The blogs most people enjoy are the ones with lots of pictures and not overly heavy with words. I hope your back will cooperate so you can post more often.

QuiltGranma said...

Sew good to see you are still at it making quilts. So sorry that you are hurting and pray that healing comes.