- Wow! It's been over 2 months since I've written. I have the great excuse that I have been busy, however it hasn't been just with quilting. I've been working on 5 different projects off and on depending on who I am sewing with. No, I don't get confused. I pretty much sew on auto-pilot. I like that it gives me time between working on one project cause it gives me time to think about how I want to proceed. Decisions on fabrics and settings aren't always taken lightly.
- About 2 years ago I made a few of these stars with my scraps but couldn't decide what to do with them. I get tired of sashing easily. Then 2 months ago I came across them and suddenly decided to alternate them with the Square-in-a-square blocks. Once I had a plan I had to make more. Pretty happy with it. Not going with a border. That might mean to quilt it quickly before I change my mind.
- Then I made these X-blocks. Just one for a demonstration but before you know it I had another 15 made. I like when that happens. This one too is going to alternate with Square- in-a-square blocks. They are the same size as the stars above and when I was playing with them on the flannel wall I decided to stop wasting time thinking about it and just do it. Still have to decide if I want to set them straight or on point.
- The courthouse steps and stars are waiting for me to attach the border. Otherwise that top is done.
- And I'm doing a spring bunny wallhanging with applique or cut and paste depending on how you see it.
- Now that I think about it, I've also been working on another sampler with the Thursday girls at Studio 3. That one is a mystery to me. The setting anyway.
- And soon I hope to start a blue and orange quilt.
- And get back to some longarm quilting. But I've been busy burning. 10 brush piles this year, both stacking and burning and we burned the marsh. That was like 10 acres. Exhausting. And now the wildflowers are blooming. Do I live in a park?
- Seriously, I don't know how these numbers showed up and I couldn't get rid of them so I went with them. They mean nothing.
Saturday, April 30, 2016
2 months plus
Posted by Gayle Bong at 6:22 PM 3 comments:
Labels: 2016 top, piecing progress
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)