Monday, January 8, 2024

SURPRISE

 WHOA, I didn't realize that I never posted last year. That was not intentional. I kept quilting though. I managed to quilt 30 quilts, mostly donation quilts for our church group. I did not take pictures of it all. But I do have some pictures I will share. I will show the tops first in no particular order.

I drew this up several years ago and kept coming  back to it so I decided that meant I should make it. Since I had enough fabric it became  bedsize. Might just quilt and use this one. 

This was another fast fun one to put together. Strips already cut I
just trimmed them to random but similar lengths.

cute farm fabric for a fast donation quilt


My charm quilt using reproduction 1800's fabrics.  I think I have almost1200 different fabrics. I never realized it would end up so big. I could have quit collecting earlier. I didn't want to start assembly till 
I had enough cause it was easier to watch for duplicates if all the same color was in one pile. I think I do have 1 or 2 that was used twice. Plenty of other duplicates that were cut will go into a smaller one some day,





Dorinda made the Monkey Wrench blocks. Our group received a box or 35 quilt tops and miscellaneous
scraps and ufos from her estate. This is from half the pile. The other half had light backgrounds. Together the quilt would have been too big for our use. Most were already stitched to an alternate plain block.

These two I made at retreat this fall up in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Above is a Shoo Fly variation. Fast and fun. Below is Amish Pavers.I have quite a collection of solids and have more planned with
them, I made a third but no picture yet. All 3 were cut before the 3 days of sewing. It felt good to sew that long.


This was a joint effort of the ladies at church. We had sewn strip sets for
a different quilt. The strip set ends we put together to make a bigger triangle and added the light. I will be quilting this one later today.



Thats it for this post. I made more but didn't get a photo. I'll check past posts and pile of tops for any I missed. It looks like my plan mostly worked to only piece across the street at Studio 3. And to quilt when I'm at home. I use my new machine mostly for piecing backs and bindings. More soon.

No comments: