Sunday, January 14, 2024

And It's Quilted

The quilting is done a day later than planned on the string quilt the church group put together with strip set ends. I quilted swirls freehand. I need to change that swirl design a bit to go faster and use less thread, less backtracking. I'll doodle on a whiteboard after I look at pantos online. Pantos slow me down so I need to find something I can do without messing up freehand. Often I have a problem with the size and or space of my motifs not being the same size from beginning to end. I know the tricks to help prevent them. I guess I need to focus on that. I will pass this one on to someone else to bind.




 I quilted another one this afternoon. This is a smaller version of the quilt "Midnight Madness", a pattern in my book Twin Peaks. It could be a 15 year old UFO. This one I called "Good Enough". It seemed I was saying that a bunch after we moved mom and dad to be closer to us. She said that often. I was never sure if she was pleased with whatever she deemed good enough. 
Quilted freehand flowers in the pinwheels and leaves and loops in the borders. I used a continuous curves treatment in the small triangles. Fast and Fun! I will add it to my binding pile.
 

No comments: