Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Some I Quilted

 To continue updating here this post will show pictures of some quilts I quilted in 2023. 

In May we moved my longarm up out of the basement and into my main floor sewing room. Its a little bit crowded but preferable to the cold cellar. When I bought my longarm in 2008 I had 120 tops or flimsies waiting to get quilted. I never intended to quilt them all. Many I used in my lectures as is. Since then I've quilted about 24 per year on average but apparently most of them are donation quilts for the church quilt group I belong to. I have continued to piece tops and quilt some of my own too. I now have about 130 tops waiting to be quilted. I plan to quilt more of them, whittling away the pile slowly.

This is a top here but it's quilted. The blocks were made from 4" four-patch blocks. 
I didn't rememer what pattern I planned to use them in. Now they are out of the house. text-align: center;">

The name of this pattern is Delectable Mountains. A variation made from
authentic vintage fabrics. I pieced the top about 10 years ago. Sue my SIL loved it and
its the quilt she picked out when she heard that I was gifting a quilt to some in the family.
Sue is a quilter too. I've got a top from her to quilt someday too. 

Prairie Wife pieced perhaps 20 years ago. I always liked it and often hung it as a top over an open door
just to display it. 

6" Ohio Stars if you double click on the photo you should be able to see a close up
and check out the quilting. I thought if draping it on the chair  the light would hilight
the quilting better. Well, maybe. I think I finished this last week, I've been quilting up a storm.


Many of the quilts I make now begin from leftovers from previous quilts, mine or donated pieces.
No doubt the twin-peak triangle units were in my collection of scraps. 

These Monkey Wrench were the other half that Dorinda made. A quilt sure goes
together fast when the blocks are already made and they're alternated with
a plain square. No complaints from me.

I made these little pinwheels at Studio 3 and finished up the top 
a year or 2 ago. I never thought I'd have it quilted already. The binding will be 
done later. I think I will start building a pile to bind. 


No doubt there are a few more I missed. I think I have the camera figured out now and glad to see they didn't change Blogger much. If I can get a decent picture I'd like to post more often. No promises. 

No comments: