Monday, February 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday at Judy's

It's Monday in the middle of February. Perfect weather for getting some quilting done. I've been dabbling in getting ready for some classes, the next book and a bit of piecing. This is where I am at on my Bali Sea Star quilt.
I really thought I chose more greens and reds than appear here, so I will with the remaining  blocks.  I really like this design. It is rare for me to make someone else's  block like this, but Kim Brackett has some good ones. I am not following her plans to the letter, but I don't think she'd mind. With a little luck I will have this done by the end of the week.

8 comments:

Donna said...

Love this pattern. I made it for my son a couple of years ago and it's one of his favorites. I really like your colors.

Stella Nemeth said...

Interesting block. Should make a very nice quilt.

PeggyinNO said...

This is the first time I have seen this block and I LOVE it. Your colors are wonderful. Will the quilt go together as is, or will there be sashing between the blocks? It is gonna be a winner!

NancyB85374 said...

I really like this pattern....love your choice of the colorway. This is one for my 'hope to do' list. Thanks for sharing

AnnieO said...

Beautiful Bali Sea Stars! I love this pattern too but don't have very many batiks in my stash. Someday...

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Kim's books are among my favorite and make me glad I have so many 2.5" strips to use up. Your quilt is just beautiful!

Cathy said...

That is gorgeous!! I love that pattern. I have a couple of Bali Pops, one in pinks and the other in greens that would look good made up into this.

Nann said...

What an intriguing block!
Right now I'm envisioning the blocks off-set so that the wide "ribbons" flow into one another....