Monday, November 24, 2014

Studio 3 Sampler 1

As you can imagine, I divide my time between my sewing room, the quilting studio and studio 3. Sometimes I feel like all I do is sort and organize quilting stuff but especially this week because I have been planning a few projects to piece this winter. That always means pulling fabric from the drawers and drawings and photos from my files. I have settled on several so far but have yet to tweak my plans for most of them. I've decided to straighten up most of the mess now and dig in again later.

This morning I was working on backs for these three comfort quilts I'd like to get quilted soon. I brought these from church last Tuesday and when I opened up the fabric I'd selected for the back for one of the tops another top fell out. I do have some fabric here for backs I will choose from for the 3rd top. I will do a panto on one of them. I will do a freehand all-over on the other 2.

I put together my sampler blocks from the sampler class at Studio 3. More blocks were made, just not in the same group of fabrics. Mark thinks I need to add the light green as an inner border. I will have to dig around for something. If I can't find any here, I might skip it. I am pretty happy with how this thing turned out. It's a little bright for my taste, but I liked working with the colors. Better yet, I finished it without having to buy any more fabric. If I had made any more blocks, I wouldn't have had enough fabric to finish it like I did. I considered framing each block in a different print but thought this was better.
The snow is piling up fast here. Up to  4" expected. Wet and heavy. Did errands in town at noon. I am going to check the blogs linked up to Judy's and then quilt downstairs the rest of the day. Thanks for visiting.


No comments: