Monday, October 1, 2012

Ready to Fall

The leaves are ready to fall on this little tree. They've been ready for almost 15 years when I made the tree for a guild challenge. I forgot the guidelines for the challenge, I just remember that I never finished it and took it to the meeting. I found it a month or two ago in the cedar chest and finally added the border, quilted and bound it.
 The leaves on my Autumn Applause Ash trees are about ready to fall too. The trees in our area have reached their first peak this weekend. In a few more weeks the rest of the trees including the oaks will then reach their peak fall color. I love them all. I hope you get to enjoy the pretty leaves this fall. And now maybe some other design walls linked up at Judy's.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Love the tree on the pieced background! A great Fall quilt!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the leaves that turn red. There are a couple trees like that in my town but most are the orange/gold/rust variey.