Sunday, April 26, 2009

Williams Bay Workshop


There is a good chance that if I haven't been blogging, I have been quilting - or in the garden. I had a workshop with the Scrappers Quilt guild in Williams Bay on Saturday. They sure were a fun group. I was looking forward to this class because I taught a workshop for them before and new what to expect. Or so I thought. There were lots of new faces there! I did get one picture of some of the blocks the class worked on. They were learning lots of new techniques that day and did a great job. Probably my favorite comment of the day was "It will be fun to see all the quilts with these stars at the County Fair this summer." This was the first time I used a window for my flannel design wall. They have a great meeting room with lots of windows and natural light- even when it's raining.

Jeanette Gillespie took my class again. She has a clever way of keeping her precut strips organized for class. She uses clothespins to label and separate the strips. She writes with a pencil that can be erased later and reused. I wonder if I even have clothespins anymore.


I also had quilting with my friends at church this week. I will share more on that later. Sew long for now.

4 comments:

Donna said...

oooo I need to "steal" the clothespin idea... We have lots around here that get used on the line for laundry, and in the kitchen for holding bags closed...

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

They look so pretty on on the window, almost like stained glass.

Beena said...

Those blocks are stunning! What a beautiful quilt they would make all put together! Gorgeous. And what a great idea, using clothespins to keep things organized. I have tried with paper clips, but this looks so much better.

Wendy said...

Gardening is a good way to spend the day if your not quilting. I love the cloths pin idea...I gotta show my friends that one.