Friday, April 10, 2009

Feeling the Years


I have been feeling old this winter. Okay, so I made that pincushion 40 years ago. My daughter just turned 32? Wow, how'd that happen? Mom is almost 80! I have been quilting 27 years! I understand I am in a different phase of my life and I may not have time to do as much quilting as I'd like, but I figure I can keep you entertained with pictures of quilts for a full year if I post everyday.

Today I loaded my 6 month old Lenni with this ShooFly comfort quilt. It's from a kit I put together for the church ladies to sew. This one turned out a little bigger than we usually make. I agreed when I got Lenni that I'd quilt the big ones. I just might be careful that I don't put to many big kits together anymore. I have plenty of my own quilting to do. Something like 100 quilt tops. You are getting a picture of it before quilting because my quilting isn't too good yet. I think this one turned out pretty good. WE had lots of solid fabrics and I rarely use them so I had to guess that this would look okay.

The fabric we use is all donated and much of it is old, and even ugly. I enjoy the challenge to make a pleasing quilt from them. Generally I try to keep similar types of fabrics together, just as I do in my own quilting. But with this group's fabric, I am not talking, separating batiks from, novelty prints. I am talking separating 1970's from 1980's! Well, probably not much as old as the 60's or 70's. But we do have some of that fabric I keep thinking I ought to post on e-bay. Anybody interested? Somebody please. I can post pictures.

Sew Long

2 comments:

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Gayle,
Welcome to Blogland! You are young and creative and you'll have a great time. I only started my blog in January and I've had such a lot of fun with it and hope you do too. Have a wonderful Easter. Ros

goodworks1 said...

Sure, I'd love to see that fabric that you think should be posted on ebay!

And welcome to the blogosphere! (I found you through Wanda's blog)

Elaine Good