Tuesday, January 21, 2020

4-patch fun

 Oh, I've had lots of fun quilting lately. I made the blocks for this first quilt late last year. I made the blocks before (the 1930's prints) and in fact I wanted to make the quilt again just in the 1800's fabrics.
I couldn't find a sashing fabric I liked, so chose to change the setting. Finding setting triangle fabric was easier.  Finally I decided to border it first with sashing fabric then border fabric to match the setting triangles. I wanted it to fit my table in case I was in the mood to use it there. I'll leave it on the wall a few days to think about how I might want to quilt it.




I mentioned last post how I have been cutting my scraps. Since them I've made more blocks.  The pile on the left goes together with the cornerstones shown. I still have to piece the sashing. The pile on the right can go to charity. There are a dozen blocks in each pile. I think. Do I have cataracts or are these pictures really dark? hmm. They could be tops soon but I've been using the longarm in the evening. So not likely.


 I quilted a 2012 top last weekend and I've got another small one ready to quilt next Yes, everywhere I turn I have another one to quilt. It seems if I decide how I want to quilt it then that's what gets quilted next.

2 comments:

QuiltGranma said...

I LIKE your 4-patch in the blue setting!

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It's really the ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh an average of 19 kilos less than us.

(And actually, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some hard exercise and EVERYTHING about "HOW" they eat.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

Click this link to find out if this little questionnaire can help you discover your real weight loss potential