Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Still goin at it

So maybe I haven't been goin at it with the gusto I'd like but I am still doing some sewing. After an icy night it was nice outside this afternoon so Mark and I had to wonder around the neighborhood for a few hours.
This morning was quilting at church. So not in the mood to sew. But we did organize a bit, planning backs for tops, cutting batting  and destashing some of the excess that was not appropriate for our use. Mark always has a real pretty rag collection.


Last night I put together some blocks into a small sampler. I'd made about half the blocks when I demonstrated in classes the others were donated orphans. The smaller blocks were supposed to be 8 1/2" but measured barely 8". That simply means  to add even wider frames to bring them up to 12 1/2". Mary Kay will finish it with a lavender border and binding.


I have 1 block left on a spring themed wallhanging. It's a paper pieced block of 3 birdhouses! There's also bunnys hopping on it. Yes it is cute and I don't do cute easily. Taking out one bunny and adding 2 birds from the same designer. Yes I will paper piece the birdhouses. And the applique is just cut and paste. After all it will only be on the wall briefly for a few years.  It's early, I'll go now and see if I can paperpiece.

No comments: