Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Parading Pinwheels

My first top for the 30's Bin Bust Challenge is done. I went with the double wide sashing cause it is faster and I am not keeping this one. Yes that means I don't really care about it. I'm happy to use up what I did, though I'd rather use more of the 30's prints than the muslin.


This will be one of the next 30's quilts I work on. I want to plan several, so as I cut, I can handle a fabric fewer times.  In other words If I cut a 3 3/4" strip from a piece and have just a bit left over, then I will cut the leftovers into what I need for a second or third quilt like a 2 1/2" strip. I will do the same with the strips. When I cut the 8 triangles I need from the strip, I hope to have something planned for the rest of the strip and cut it right away. My way of staying on top of the scraps.

I've got a bunch of vintage Christmas cards and love this Santa. Happy Holidays everyone!



No comments: