Monday, November 18, 2013

Ladies in Waiting block

 I decided on using the same star block in the corners of the quilt, but colored differently than in the body of the quilt. Look at your options. My quilt used the first coloring. The corner blocks will use the 4th coloring.

 Here is the cutting for one 12" finished block.

Cut for star center,  1 square 4 1/2"
for inner star points, cut  
4 squares 2 7/8" cut once diagonally.
for inner star background, cut
4 squares 2 1/2" and
1 square 5 1/4" cut twice diagonally.

Four outer round, cut
4 squares 2 1/2" and
4 rectangles, 2 1/2" x 8 1/2"
for outer star points, cut
8 squares 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" for folded corners on the ends of the rectangles.

Make center star then add the rectangle star point units and corner squares, joining the pieces in rows.

I finished the stars for the border - except the corners. I oly needed 32 blocks, not 36. I guess it pays to work with an accurate diagram.And I am sure the extra 4 had nothing to do with the corner blocks. cause at one time I considered using other sizes of stars and hadn't made a decision.  I still have 3 more to make like the one above, then I can add the borders. Busy week with a few appointments, quilting at church and a date to check out the new shop in Salem. Now off to Judy's.

No comments: