Monday, July 30, 2012

Anticipating Autumn

 I've made only a few more leaf blocks cause I've been busy with the garden and the people I take care of.  One (of the people) has been particularly annoying lately. I need a vacation.

I am using a deep tone-on-tone brown from my stash as the background for the leaf blocks.  The color I call "creek bottom brown".  It is the exact color as the bottom of the creek complete with the leaves printed on it. I bought it after I saw a beautiful scene one winter day.  On the creek was the most beautiful ice I'd ever seen. It had a scalloped edge that  resembled eyelet lace. Along shore there was red-twig dogwood, golden dried grasses and the white snow. I thought that could be inspiration for someone that did applique. That's Not me. And no, I didn't have my camera with me that day.

So why I got the brown, I don't know. Now I have this luscious batik from Cathy Boo. I'm toying with the idea of using it with the leaves in a medallion set. I'll need to make a few more block before I can play with settings.  Maybe later this week.

1 comment:

Nann said...

What a delicious batik! The scattered leaves really do make this reminiscent of a creek on a fall day.