Friday, June 24, 2011

Call for Quilts

 Machine Quilting Today is looking for quilts for their competition and show this August in Milwaukee.  Entries need to be in by July 1st  I think. Sounds like something I gotta do.  I am not much of a show off, but I want the show there to be a success so I guess that means entering the show. If you like, you can enter a quilt too and we can show off our quilts together. It'll be fun.  A link to the Milwaukee Machine Show is in the sidebar to the right, you can find entry forms there.

I thought I'd put a few kits together, but my scraps keep calling me and beg to be used.  I didn't plan an actual quilt with them, but I started sewing anyway. I guess that means I am doing a mystery with Gayle Bong. I had half-square triangles in two sizes. The 3" I just paired light to dark in matching sets of 4.  I did the same with the 2", but those I joined into Birds-in-the-Air units.   It'll be an on-going project. As I acquire more triangles, I'll make more units then I will turn it into a fabulous quilt. Right? Well,that's the plan anyway.

I also started cutting triangles from my 1800's reproduction prints for a 1000 Pyramids quilt. That pattern is typically a charm quilt where by definition, every patch in the quilt (all 1,000)  is cut from a different print fabric. Can't wait to see how many I have already. Since I started cutting this, I bought two more charm packs of 40 different reproduction prints. It all started cause I counted a little stack of  fabric and was surprised when  my guess was off by half. If there were as many as 60 in that little pile, I must have 100's in that one drawer... I might need to trade for the last 100 or so.

 I started loading another quilt on the frame last night but couldn't continue when I discovered the batting was 20" narrower than the package stated.  It was too late to call the customer so it was put on hold till tomorrow probably. You'll be the first to know.

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

really enjoy seeing your quilts and those made by others; i'm a scrappy quilter too!