Monday, December 13, 2010

Tis the Season

Yeah it's Christmas time. Don't you love it? I s'pose many quilters are scrambling to finish up some quilt projects for gifts. I don't make quilts for gifts, but occasionally I make a gift of a quilt I've made. Less stress that way.  I am not done with shopping yet,so I haven't started any wrapping yet. I don't do the cookie thing  but I do like to decorate.  Not doing as much of that this year either.  Christmas will be here and gone before you know it. Don't know if I like that or not.

I've not done much sewing, but I have made these blocks.  Not as colorful as I like. I started this one a little differently than I do most.  Usually I set out to find fabric for a pattern I designed.  This time I started with the gray tones in the quilt and looked for a pattern to use them in.  I had sorted my drawer of fat quarters and once again came across this pile of medium gray toned fabrics.  Much as I like them, I never found a use for them and they have been in that drawer for too many YEARS. I think this might be as big as this portion gets.  I might add a round or two of other blocks or a pieced border.

Instead of quilting I was working for one of my people doing some serious deeeeep cleaning. WOW! 27 hours later, I quit cause they came home. Kitty missed me and I am glad to be home.  Going down to the studio to finish up a lap quilt with a feathered border. Tomorrow is quilting at church. Here's hoping you get all your gifts done and under the tree in time for the big day.
Sew long,

No comments: