Saturday, October 2, 2010

A new project

Thank you to everyone that commented on my last post.  It was unanimous to go with the brown border.  It should be on soon.  
I hold classes here at home sometimes and while I was waiting for the last class to begin I began another quilt.  My fingers were itching to start something new. How I decided so quickly is beyond me. I've been wanting to do something with a few multicolored florals I have.  I must have gotten them in some bundles I bought, cause typically I don't buy them.

I like a simple 2 fabric block for those busy prints. So I chose the pattern Mocha Swirl from Kim Brackett's book, Scrap Basket Surprises. I think it will work out great. I haven't been happy with that one pink rose print. Can't seem to find the right green to go with it.  But now I see that maybe the way to go is to use it as the background.
 Typically when I start a quilt, I pick out just about all the fabric and have a cutting frenzy. I think I might approach this one a little more slowly.  Not sure how big it will get with the florals I have. And I am not sure if I want to be selective in which blocks are next to one another.  Once I have made  up the blocks with these fabrics  I just might add some with more blue in them. I can always audition them too I guess. Sometimes I have to remind myself that is what the flannel wall is for.

Just the same, I can see putting this one aside to work on with others around.  It won't take much concentration. See how that happens?
Thanks again and sew long.

No comments: