Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Can't compute all day

As much as I enjoy the computer, I just can't do it all day. Sure wish I could sometimes. One thing I'd like to do is finally post some of my retired sample quilts and tops for sale. If I have this thing figured out right, I should have a new page with the first quilt top. I also plan to add the terms of sale and return policy to the sidebar. This morning I took photos of a dozen quilts/tops to post. One step at a time, I guess.


This is one of the tops I just finished and will be posting it for sale right away. It was one waiting for a border. It is a Random Four-Patch, but I call it Roadkill Rag quilt. It is made from flannel. That stuff is soft and cuddly but I am not interested in using it in quilts. I started a small collection when I was given a small charm pack of flannels. But then I decided I didn't want to use them because I don't like the way flannel ages. I call it Random because there is no rhyme or reason to the placement of the colors, but the four-patches do alternate with the plain squares. It is one of my favorite comfort quilts to make.


I also got the border on this Thirtysomething quilt. This is the one that I started 12 years ago to be a wallhanging. I didn't like the way it was going and ignored it for a long time. When I pulled it out again I decided to add an alternate block, made the blocks and put it away again. When I pulled it out this spring I decided to make the half-blocks to make it bigger and look for something to border it. No way was I going to find more of the same stuff 12 years later. Sure was surprised to find this green the first time I looked. Glad it's finally done.

More later. Sew long,

No comments: