Monday, July 20, 2009

That time of month

That time of month - for quilting at church! I picked up the Christmas raffle quilt from Judy our longarm quilter. You can check out her quilting on her website - if I was successful linking to her. She did a great job on the quilt, as usual. It still needs a binding and I am only showing half of it cause it is so big to handle. But it looks pretty good compared to the last time I posted a pic. Raffle tickets anyone???



In preparation for our meeting tomorrow, I spent 6 hours today putting together 15 more kits for our comfort quilts. It always feels good to put these together and get that fabric out of my closet. It was getting crowded in there.


After assembling the kits, I spent another 2 hours sorting the rest of their fabric at my house. That includes the scraps that we cut at last months meeting. They were quite the mess too.  I will put all those precut scraps into kits some other time. I will let the ladies sew up some of these kits I just put together first.



Next time I sit to work on comfort quilts I will put together a bunch of orphan blocks into sampler quilts. I think I have enough blocks to make 5 or 6 quilts.
And if I remember my camera tomorrow, I'll have show and tell for another day.
Wish me luck.
Sew long

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I've found that the best way to remember my camera is just to leave it in my purse. Wonderful when that picture opportunity arises :-)

Beena said...

Gorgeous raffle quilt! And the kits look pretty yummy, too!

SueR said...

The raffle quilt really is pretty. Good stashbuster, making up kits with your fabric.

Aunt Spicy said...

Oh, so stunning! The stars in that quilt really are beautiful!