Saturday, December 20, 2014

Piece at home

I've been working on a little bit of everything except Christmas. Not sure if that means I am lucky or not. My Crazy 8's quilt top is about done. One final seam down the middle and a border. I'd hoped to make it a little bigger but I didn't want to introduce one more tan fabric in the last row. I guess that is where planning would have been helpful. As it is it will finish about 86" x 96". Actually prefer that size, just thought another row would make it even better.








There were 5 of us quilting at Studio 3 yesterday. Sue surprised me with this quilt she started using a block from my new book. She thinks its my best book and has already done 4 other quilts from the blocks in it. Who knew she was such a big fan.

I've been a member of the Yahoo group "Stashbusters" for probably 7 yrs or more. I don't post often, mostly in winter when I have more time for the computer.  Like this blog, I find the group motivates me to do more quilting. I don't know how else to say it and yet it seems strange to say that I need motivation to do what I love. Maybe it's not so much motivation but focus. I believe that my quilting is my therapy and I love it but especially with Mark retired now it is harder to dedicate the time to it that I'd like. 
Anyway some members of stashbusters have proposed a binbusting challenge for their 1930's  prints particularly. So I'm in. I don't have many but I want to use them up. I think I can get 3 or 4 tops out of this pile of scraps. Watch me. My sister used to joke that I could make a formal evening gown from 1/4 yard of fabric.

No comments: