Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Willpower

Have you ever seen an ugly quilt?  If not, I'd guess you never checked out ebay. Occasionally I browse ebay for antique quilt tops. I had Sue here the other day and we bid on a top. About the only good thing I could say about it is that it's colorful.  Sue wanted it cause it had 1940's prints; her favorite. The prints are pastels like the 1930's, but they are larger designs. Yes, she got it. Here it is.

I'm not saying this is ugly. It's just easy to see why there are so many tops that never got quilted. We couldn't smooth this thing flat on the wall for nothing. At first she got it just to enjoy the variety of 1940's prints. Now she's thinking of taking it apart and remaking it with one color for the melons between the blocks. Knowing her, she probably will and it will be gorgeous.

I have always had pretty good willpower when it comes to spending money. I really don't care for shopping, except for fabric of course. Today I came pretty close to spending too much on an antique quilt top. I found a top on ebay the other day, made an offer today and wouldn't go any higher before the auction ended. I don't regret it yet. I just felt they wanted too much especially considering what all the others were going for.  Will I set out to copy it? Find another to bid on? Either would be easy to do, meanwhile both will stay on my "to do" list.
It's not too late for anyone to participate in the "Blog Hop with Giveaways". Check my last post.

No comments: