Monday, March 4, 2013

Cabin Fever

Would you believe this was the start of the pink and brown quilt I planned to make? After stacking up my Civil War pinks and browns and viewing such quilts on google images I reconsidered. This is the block anyway. I've been wanting to do something with flying geese for a while. I prefer to make 'em the old fashioned way. I rotary cut individual, loose triangles, sew them together and press. Amen. It will be fun to see how big this one gets.

I was browsing through the catalog from Hancock's the other day. I was so close to placing an order when Sue came over with Cabin Fever. It's not like she gave it to me or anything, but I wanted to find some more blue to border the Delectable Mountains quilt.  So yesterday we went on a shop hop. Good thing I checked that the furthest shop of choice was closed on Sunday. Milton was first.  I only stopped once on the way there to check the map. It just didn't look familiar in winter. They had the blue I needed and I was low on greens and I had to check the clearance and yes, I was having a good time. And no, these won't all go in the same quilt. Janesville next. We walked in on a sale. Yippee. I love their Civil War prints. I think I showed pretty good restraint considering the sale. I was looking for what I saw in the catalog and I found them.

 Not far from there was Delavan. I'd never been between those two shops so I had to stop and check the map again. We stopped there and was surprised that they were to find them closed. I don't think that is usual for them. I must have missed my turn on the way back home from Delavan so stopped to look at the map one more time. Again I was heading in the right direction. In fact, I liked the route so much that I will go that way from now on. I know Walworth county better than Sue, but not as good as I thought. We passed the Elkhorn shop too but they too are closed on Sundays. Actually we already spent enough, we just weren't ready to go home. So then we stopped for a sandwich.

We were glad to get out of the house. We first thought we'd go on Tuesday but the forecast is for 6 to 8" more snow. That's fine with me. I've got quilting to  do. And I'll go check out the blogs linked up at Judy's.


2 comments:

Nann said...

Your "any which way" geese look promising. They'd look good in any colorway, I think.

Chris said...

The geese are great. Lucky you to stumble on a sale on a shop hop!!