Monday, January 6, 2014

Standard Operating Procedure

I'm busy quilting, trying to ignore the cold. And as usual, once I finished the quarter blocks, I took them to the flannel wall to see what else I might like. This was the most obvious option.


 And this is what they would look like together. 


 Not that different than the plan shown below.

I musta planned on 16 blocks. That would make it another square quilt. I must prefer them and not even know it. So since I couldn't find any more of that gray fabric I'd used, even though I am sure there is still some in this house some place, I will have to decide if I want to set the blocks 3 x 5 or 4 x 4. If I decide on the 16th block, I will have to take apart that first block I made umpteen years ago. Not that I mind using the seam ripper. It IS my friend. But those stitches are awfully tiny in that block. Not my usuall stitch length.
I'm thinking maybe I should go dig a little deeper looking for that gray fabric. Toooo cold to do much else and I need a break from the machine.  But then I will be blogging for a while, linking up to Judy's and all. Happy, happy to all.

2 comments:

Quilting Nonnie said...

What a wonderful quilt. I was looking closely at it trying to figure out how you did it--it's just such a fascinating star. I love grey in a quilt.

Ramona said...

These colors are so soft and soothing. I love the combination.