Last week I realized I was going on retreat next week and thought I better get ready. It has been difficult because I can't decide what to work on. I always like to take lots especially for this retreat cause it is 4days and I sew fast. I want to keep in mind that last Nov. retreat wiped me out pretty bad so I better plan some down time. This retreat is in the Kettle Moraine State Forest -Northern Unit so there are hiking trails nearby. If I use them will depend on the weather. Last year we woke up to snow.
So far this is what I have planned to do.
1. Blind stitch applique the swag on the red and green applique quilt.
2. a big one block quilt like this one. Different design, different colors and a pieced border.
I love these for using up old fabric fast. I have already made two and plan on doing more.
3. some pillow cases for whichever magazine that challenged all of us to produce a million pillowcases this year for the needy.
4. Maybe I will finish up the Gayle's Flower Garden hexagon quilt top. I don't want it much bigger and hope eventually to make one with black and dark colors instead. This is how far I am now.
5. I have to plan more, so will rummage through my scraps or books till I am inspired. Maybe I will take along another PHD.
I love the energy generated by these retreats. Even getting ready has me all fired up.
What motivates you?