Thursday, February 25, 2010

My own mystery quilt

Greetings fellow bloggers. Do you blog more than you quilt? Seems I do.

It also seems to me that I have been jumping around alot from project to project. Maybe that is because I am attempting to finish up some PHD's. I jump when I don't have what I need or know what I want to do or have to think about what I need to do next. All good reasons to have more than one project in the works at a time. I think I would get bored if I finished each project before starting the next. And likely very little would get done.

I finished this top with the exception of the green border I still need to buy. I started this about 15 years ago, so it will be a challenge to find fabric that goes with it. The border fabric wouldn't be an issue if I had planned this quilt from start to finish. Seems I rarely do that. But I had planned an entirely different quilt with the Thirtysomething star blocks and didn't like the way it was turning out. So I ditched the plan and 12 years later came up with this idea. The half blocks around the edge were also an afterthought. I didn't want just a plain light border and it was all the fabric I had left. I guess it doesn't really need another border, but right now it is only 72" square. I wonder if I will ever find suitable border fabric. Looking tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Sew long,

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow! That's a great quilt and a long time UFO to finish up...it was worth the wait!