Sunday, December 3, 2017

On a Roll

Even though we've had a gloriously warm week and I've been working in the woods lots, I've still gotten some quilting done. This tabletopper was just waiting for a binding. Now it's waiting for a centerpiece. So there's one item to check off the list.

This morning I straightened up the quilt room.  Rather I started. I'm sorting tops from quilts. Then I'll sort the tops into those I want finished and those that can wait. Then maybe I can get a better idea how I want to prioritize them. Maybe if I can set some goals I can make a list and get all excited to check them off. I've made a list of those I want to piece and it's almost a PHD list too that I could write out. I suppose it would be a good idea to do that. And then post them for everyone to see. I'm real good at cracking the whip in class. I guess I could apply a little pressure to myself as well.


I should be able to finish the quilting on another one tonight. I have to turn the quilt on the frame to do the border. It will take longer to turn it than to quilt it.  It's too late to get that one on the list to check off but it's already on a list of those quilted this year. The list isn't so long this year since I had all that trouble earlier with my arm.   I'm sure glad I don't feel any guilt for having so much fabric I will likely never "use up". Likewise I feel no guilt for having made so many tops that I won't get quilted. It's all good. It's all fun.



5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I love your table topper Gayle. Your room sounds like mine-chocked full of finished and unfinished-roll with it is my moto!

Angie in SoCal said...

Gorgeous table top, Gayle!

Wendy F said...

What a terrific table topper - I love quilted trees! Thanks for sharing.

PaulaB quilts said...

That's such a nice topper that can be used all winter long. The trees are flying geese with their heads chopped off. Very easy. I'm making trees for my house quilt and they are a nice variation.

Nancy said...

Your table topper is perfect for Christmas! I like your attitude about not using up all your fabric. I know I never will but I keep buying and I think I should cut and sew more quickly. I'm just slow....