I've had a great time quilting this week. I'll share once I get the bindings done. And I got this 1980's star one step closer to completion.
I also spent some time straightening a cabinet and closet. I realized I didn't need to tear it all apart so it was doable in 1 day. When Mark said he was going to his nephews for the day I didn't waste any time and went right to work. I had been afraid that I would be stirring up trouble and coming up with all kinds of plans for new quilts.
That didn't happen. Now I have separated the tops for donation from the ones I want to hang on to and even finish. I packed away old Thimble berries fabric. Might need what's left for a binding someday, otherwise I'm done with it. I uncovered a few boxes I wish I hadn't. Some I closed up again happy to know a quilt is waiting to be made.
The star shown above was found in a hard to reach drawer. I started it with a friend as a thank you for someone else. It. We abandoned it cause it wouldn't lie flat. This is easily 25 years ago - when we had less experience. I was able to rework the final section seams without taking it all apart.
The only matching fabric around to be found was enough for the border. I'll quilt it up and use another brown for a binding and donate it to a good cause.
I've got 3 more quilts I prepped to finish, 2 small and a big one for my bed. My goal is to finish the 2 smaller ones by New Years eve. There are plenty of other things to get done before that so I'll be glad to do that much.
Check out these linky parties.
Oh Scrap at quiltingismorefunthanhousework
Design Wall Monday at Smallquiltsanddollquilts
Monday Making at Love laugh quilt