Monday, January 28, 2013

Waiting for Borders

Here I go again. The Delectable Mountains top is ready for borders.  I have some of the flower fabric left, but if I want it bigger than 86" I will want to add a second border of something else. I am not sure what I might use. I want to decide soon because I don't want another top sitting on the shelf waiting for a border. That seems to be a habit of mine.

Otherwise I am liking it, but not so much to keep. I mentioned to Mark that maybe I'd try to sell it right away. Then he said he liked it. Maybe cause it is blue, maybe cause it is bright, but I shouldn't have put that white in the center and the quilting is awful. It doesn't show up at all. Smart mouth on that guy. He has been kidding around so much more since he's retired. Yes, it has been going very well. He is bored once in  a while and I suggest he help me with my quilts and he keeps saying "Not yet". What does that mean?

We wanted some exercise the other day so we trudged through the frozen marsh across the creek from us. We have been here 20 years and we never did that. I thought it would be more of a jungle than it was. I must be in better shape than I thought cause my legs didn't get sore at all. We have had little snow this winter so far. Rain last night melted what snow we had. That is fine with me as long as we get some precip after the drought last summer. Another walk outside today, it's supposed to be in the 40's. Very mild for us this time of year.
I hope to finish up a quilt in the studio later today. Maybe this plan I have of one pieced top for every quilted top will work. Not a new years resolution, just a good idea.That way maybe I can keep my stash of tops at under 100.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Your quilt looks great from here. Can't wait to see what borders you will select.

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks. Love the blue and gentle shift in the tones of the backgrounds.

kadyb said...

I love it! Subtle shadings, great blue. I'm looking forward to seeing it with borders. And if you really decide to sell it, please let me know!

Kathi
kadybird2002 at yahoo dot com