Monday, November 5, 2012

Quilting First

Straightening my projects, closet or sewing room usually helps me to prioritize and focus on finishing things. At least that is what I always count on. I sorted the scrap basket first, filing away lots of 2 1/2" strips and  lots of smaller pieces for Crumb quilts and Log Cabins.  I cut enough 3" triangles for 16 more Broken Dishes Blocks.

I also sewed these leftover diamonds together for some 8-pointed stars. Here I have them stuck on a piece of plain muslin. The low contrast is very unusual for me, but it is the look I was after. I thought it might really look like an antique quilt. I like them well enough to cut and make some more. Before I get too deep in this project though I think I should finish up the pieced borders on the other two tops.

I was distracted this last week with Mark home a few days and  doctor appointments with my people. Not much on the calendar this week so I should be able to get lots done.

Oh Yes. It's Monday. Time to go check out some other blogs linked up to Judy's. 



3 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Gayle, I love these low contrast stars. It will be such a peaceful quilt!

Angie in SoCal said...

So glad I found you blog! I've admired your work in quilt magazines and look forward to what you are creating now. Off to check out that book. Love your stars.

Anonymous said...

I was following some of the posts from Judy's site and saw your book on the side. I didn't realize whose site I was on. I just purchased that book! Love the projects in it and can't wait to start one!

Pretty stars above.