Quilts for Sale

Monday, November 5, 2012

Quilting First

Straightening my projects, closet or sewing room usually helps me to prioritize and focus on finishing things. At least that is what I always count on. I sorted the scrap basket first, filing away lots of 2 1/2" strips and  lots of smaller pieces for Crumb quilts and Log Cabins.  I cut enough 3" triangles for 16 more Broken Dishes Blocks.

I also sewed these leftover diamonds together for some 8-pointed stars. Here I have them stuck on a piece of plain muslin. The low contrast is very unusual for me, but it is the look I was after. I thought it might really look like an antique quilt. I like them well enough to cut and make some more. Before I get too deep in this project though I think I should finish up the pieced borders on the other two tops.

I was distracted this last week with Mark home a few days and  doctor appointments with my people. Not much on the calendar this week so I should be able to get lots done.

Oh Yes. It's Monday. Time to go check out some other blogs linked up to Judy's. 



3 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Gayle, I love these low contrast stars. It will be such a peaceful quilt!

ANudge said...

So glad I found you blog! I've admired your work in quilt magazines and look forward to what you are creating now. Off to check out that book. Love your stars.

ginaquilts said...

I was following some of the posts from Judy's site and saw your book on the side. I didn't realize whose site I was on. I just purchased that book! Love the projects in it and can't wait to start one!

Pretty stars above.