Monday, July 23, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

Today I straightened up the sewing room and found a pile of miscellaneous projects hiding in every corner and hogging my cutting table. A few just needed a dab of glue, others are projects that were waiting for a decision on my part. The most recent addition are these antique Dresden Plates. The church ladies decided to use them for our next raffle quilt., but we only have 15. I'll make one more with my antique scraps. Then I'll show the ladies how to blindstitch applique the pieces to muslin.  I hope we choose the right color for the sashing.

Also on the list are a rooster  apron and hotpads and bonding together scraps of cotton batting using a fusible tricot lining fabric. The forecast through August is calling for drier and warmer than normal. I guess I will be getting lots of quilting done, cause working in the garden in this heat is the pitts.

For more inspiration, check out all the posts at Judy's Design Wall Monday.

No comments: