Saturday, April 28, 2012

Now where is that mistake?

       Now what do I call this? Is it a "convergence" quilt? Or is it a "strips that sizzle" or "strip tease" quilt. It's actually a bit of each. I guess I don't need a name because it is not going to be published anywhere but here. I'm glad I did it and I'm glad it is done.
       Oh, and seriously, I did drop a piece when I was sewing it together and didn't know how to sew it in place without having to arrange the pieces on the wall all over again. I guess I should learn a lesson from that and take a photo next time before I start sewing.
       Next on the agenda is making a dent in the pile of orphan blocks from church.  There are probably almost 100 blocks. Here is the first batch I considered using together - mainly because most of them are scrappy blocks.  Block sizes: 8", 9 1/2", 10", 11 1/2" & 12 1/2"

 And here is the first pile of rejects that I had originally considered, however briefly. Yes, some of the blocks are in both photos. Imagine that. These came in at 8", 8 1/2", 9", 9 1/2", 11" & 12 1/2".  Did you know I like puzzles?




1 comment:

kadyb said...

I liked the tesselations in the original convergence quilt, but I'm very impressed with what you've done with the top since you cut it apart. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.