I hoped to be further along with my convergence quilt to give you a better idea of what I was talking about.
This is a picture of the top that was. Never quilted that is. And not even a top anymore. As much as I loved the colors, it was kind of useless and not to attractive.
So I treated the quilt top as fabric yardage and fussy cut a bunch of triangles out of it. I had to fussy cut to avoid having a seam 1/4" away from another seam. That could have been poor planning on my part. Had I cut triangles an inch larger, that may not have been an issue. I only did this once before so we could call this an experiment.
Next I chose some other fabrics that coordinated and maybe even enhanced the original selection. I picked some colors that were lighter and some that were darker. I cut strips, did some sewing and cut more triangles the same size. Then I sewed pairs of triangles together, one of each kind and that is as far as I got. I will play with them a while before I decide how I want to arrange them. Stay tuned to see what comes of it. Then you can tell me if I should label this a tutorial. One with pretty vague directions. It's been fun so far.