Monday, August 14, 2017

another post!

Can you believe it? 3 posts in a week? I had a chance to do some more sewing today. Mark is off helping a neighbor build a treehouse in a hollow tree. Is "on" a hollow tree more accurate. No he is not making a room in the hollow trunk. It's not a sequoia. Anyways I had a good time today doing a little sewing without interruption!



So I am just about done with this little spring wallhanging. Pattern by Lori Smith with a few changes like using a  bird and butterflies instead of rabbits and carrots.  I've always enjoyed this pattern. It's that darned applique that slows me down every time. Oh yes, the quilting too.



I also spent a little time sorting quilts for the scheduled lectures I have this fall. I'm doing a couple of local guilds featuring some of my newest stuff or stuff that hasn't been published and some of my most popular designs. Something I always enjoy.

I have to add that Design Wall Monday is now hosted at smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com







1 comment:

Nancy said...

That's a great applique quilt! Yes, the hand applique does slow one down, and the quilting too, as you said. But so worth it in the end.