Monday, February 13, 2017

A Little Here, A Little There

Seriously a little bit has been done up stairs, down stairs and at Studio 3. I finally got a cortisone injection in my shoulder. It took a week to kick in and now I can only hope that it helps till it heals.  It took a week to kick in. I'm still taking it easy, working only an hour or two at a time at my quilting.

Taking it easy as in helping Mark with burning brush piles. Well, I lift next to nothing and I do have one good shoulder. It actually hurts more to sew.


I'm making progress with a few projects and hope to have pictures soon. These blocks are from Karen Stone's pattern, Prickly Pear. I joined a friend over 12 years ago to make these. I never finished them because a. as much as I love them they really aren't my taste and b. I felt they needed satin stitching around the applique.  But I was wrong. I simply did a straight stitch on the fused applique pieces. Not my preferred way and perhaps I should have passed them on to someone to do just that so maybe I will. I've been seriously thinking about dabbling in applique for several years now, but I'm procrastinating. Don't know what's up with that. The raw edge applique didn't really appeal to me like I hoped it would.

It's been much warmer than normal this last month. Finally we have some sun and it is inviting me outside so I am getting out pretty much even though its very windy. As long as it still hurts to sew I may as well. Secretly I'm still hoping for a few more snowfalls this winter.
Linking up with Judy for Design Wall Monday.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

What fun blocks! Who cares how the edges are finished. I think they will still bring a smile to your face when you see them!