Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Two Design Walls

Since I am doing some piecing at Studio 3 and I have a flannel wall there I can share what I have on each wall. Here at home I just made this block to see if I would like the size. I just dug into my scraps and cut squares and over-sized triangles. The block finishes at 12.75". I like the size but really don't like piecing this block cause it's on the diagonal so I don't think I will be making anymore. This can go in the orphan block pile. I am glad I made the sample block. I usually do it to test colors or technique. I just wanted to see If I wanted to use 3 1/2" squares. Now I will have to choose a different block.
 I took a box of my Civil War scraps to Studio 3. I started some blocks and have some of the units arranged here on the wall. This is nothing like what I a going to do with them but by now you know I like to play with the units to see if some hidden design speaks to me. Nothing was talking when I arranged these and then arranged them in reverse order. That is just as well sometimes. I don't really need more ideas.

I have not been posting as much lately cause I limit my time at the computer and I signed up again for facebook. Not sure I am going to stick with it again. I mostly understand how it works except I did post a message to someone in error the other day.  Kinda more detail than the blog here. Not so sure I wanna do that. If you'd like to be friends on facebook then invite me and maybe I will stick around this time.

Posting Late to Design Wall Monday. I see it's quiet there. I think it's the time of year.

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

I, too, posted late to Design Wall. I seem to be spending almost too much time on FB, but that is where my family hangs out so if I want to contact them, that is where I go. Love those civil war units.