About the only quilting I did this last week was work on Joy's sampler. I got it done for her a week ahead of schedule. I really enjoyed working on it, but I would have enjoyed it more if it were custom quilted. Working from the back of the quilt, you don't get to see the blocks or the fabrics too often. I'd say she did a great job choosing fabric while she worked exclusively from stash.
In case you are wondering if I ever finished the Birds-in-th-Air quilt, I didn't cause as always I got hung up on the border. I have the flying geese border made and I was at the point of choosing the other border fabric. I decided a rust color was the best choice. I sat down to finish it, but calculated that I was 3" short of fabric. And that is with fussy corner blocks so that the yardage I had would work. It is my guess that the fabric shrunk those 3" because I don't ask for 3" short of a full yard when I buy it. I can't really be mad cause I didn't buy it specifically for that quilt. With 20 quilt shops within an hour's drive of my house, I have no idea where I got it (in the recent past) so I am not going to go hunt more down. I packed it away and will watch for it over the next several months. I may very well locate more or finally decide on using something else. I just don't have a need to finish that quilt now so it can sit on the shelf as is.
I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all the little piles of phd's sitting around the sewing room. My goal for the week is to finish up a few of them that should go quickly and to get another top done down in the quilting cave. I don't usually set weekly goals so it should be interesting to see if it helps. Wish me luck.