Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quilting Forever, Housework Never

Yes, I'm still quilting.  In fact, I am more likely to actually be quilting with Lenni rather than piecing. Last week I quilted the Pinwheels on Parade raffle quilt for church. I brought it in with me to church on Tuesday and Rita took it home to put the binding on. Rita's Irish chain is the next quilt to go on the frame. Tonight I hope to get it loaded.  Before I did the quilt for church I quilted this little piece just to try another freehand pattern.  I think it turned out pretty good.


 Deanna Treadway sent me a picture of the quilt she made from my book, Save the Scraps.  I thought it was so nice of her to share a picture with me, especially since she won a free copy of the book in the giveaway that I had last year.  This is the picture that she showed me, but there are more pictures on her blog. Didn't she do a great job? I like this quilt so much that it would be on my to do list if I hadn't already made it.  Actually I was thinking of making it again and just sorting may scraps between medium and dark and not having specific colors like blue and brown.  And then I think I would rather go downstairs and quilt with Lenni.

I've had a wee bit of trouble with Lenni and I found I had to clean the wheels. Who knew? And then there was still some vibration and I decide the carriage needed to be re-leveled.  I'm thinking of upgrading the wheels, but trust me.  I won't be going the $3000 route and getting the new track,carriage and frame. We'll see how I feel about it since I have made these adjustments.
It seems much of the USA has had unusual weather this year. Ours has not been especially seasonal, but that's fine with me.  It has usually been a little cooler than normal, which makes for great weather for gardening and quilting. There was a time when I spent so many hours a day out in the garden.  I was too exhausted to do any housework.  I used to pray for rain so I would be forced to stay indoors and could take the time to clean the house.  And then I got smart.  I prayed for a cleaning lady. Well I never got her and I suppose my interests changed a bit.  At least, I never let my house get out of control. What am I praying for these days? Well,why just a cleaning lady, how about a wife of my own? One that quilts, of course.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

So glad you like the quilt! I will send a picture of the next one, too. Your patterns are very easy to follow and versatile.