Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fun is better than perfect

It was sew much fun, who cares how good it is? I guess the saying goes 'Done is better than perfect" but I've been saying this quilt is done for over 10 years. And it was quilted and bound, but I'd left the big 6" squares unquilted!  I was sorting through my quilts and found that this one needed more quilting. I think I felt bad about that every time I showed it.  I''m pretty happy with it now with the added quilting. Even Mark  said " I guess it needed more quilting".  Lately instead of crowing "The quilt is finished when the top is done.", I'm singing "The quilting makes the quilt." And I still have 100 tops waiting to get quilted.


Actually I was sorting through my quilts looking for something to practice on. I wanted to try Diana Phillips "Flower Power" technique. I love that book of hers. So many variations on an idea. I think I will use it often.
The quilt is a variation on my pattern "Briar Patch" in my book, Quilts from Skunks Hollow.

 
Did you notice the new link on the right  to the Milwaukee Machine Show put on by Machine Quilting Today.
 I'm just as excited this year that it is so close to home. And I'm scheduled to teach. Check out the schedule. There are classes for everyone, even piecemakers.

 I'm still digging thistle, and I haven't planted all my flowers yet either.  It's not uncommon for us to have frosts this late in the spring. In between I have been finishing the quilt top for our next raffle quilt. I hope allergy season has been good to you. Adios.

No comments: