Wednesday, July 14, 2010

They call it applique

I tried raw edge applique the other day. It was too easy and would have been even easier if I had put it on the longarm. I was concerned that raw edge applique might not hold up, but I did my research and learned that as long as I stitched a 1/4" or more away from the raw edge, it'd be fine. I did two row of stitches. I could call the security row - embellishment, I guess.


It's a comfort quilt. The dark purple background fabric was prequilted, so it didn't take much time at all. The leaves are lime green. Funny how some colors don't photograph well. I think it needs a little more, though. I didn't have any fabrics on hand I wanted to add, so when I take it to church next week we will see if anyone wants to contribute to the quilt in any way.

That is one great thing about the church group. Many hands go into one quilt sometimes. Different person for each step. Kitting and precutting, piecing, basting, quilting and even binding and the label!

No comments: