Friday, May 14, 2010

My Favorite Mistake

Greetings everyone,
Maybe mom was right the other day when we visited she said I had a lot of things on my mind. I was rattling off a list of things I am working on. It sounded like the usual to me. Spring cleaning, gardening, bills, computing, charity quilts, quilts for classes, personal quilting, etc. I prefer it when I have lots to keep me busy. I just wish I could work for several hours at one task. I have learned the hard way to balance my life better. Yeah, that sounds better than it is. What I mean is working at one task for a shorter duration. I can't seem to get as much done that way, evident by the fact that I haven't completed any tops or quilts in the last month or more.

I have made some progress with the spring challenge fabric I bought from Pam's. In the left stack in the photo are the 6 fabrics I am planning/allowed to add to the 12 on the right.


This photo shows how easy it is to design a new block. I call it "My Favorite Mistake". After the units were made, I put them on the wall to take a pic for the blog. I almost didn't catch that I arranged them incorrectly.

Below is the correct arrangement of the units. However, I am not sure I am going to arrange them so they are colored as suggested in this pic. It's Friday. My girls are coming to quilt and I hope to get more blocks done and make a decision about how this will go together. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

sosarahsew said...

I really like the *wrong* arrangement. But either way those gold and pinky-purple colors just sing against the dark background. Sarah

Heather said...

I also love the 'wrong' arrangement. How are you going to set them? which sashing or directly side by side. That will make a difference on how you orient the units.

imquilternity said...

I love it the wrong way! It's gorgeous and it'a ALL YOURS!! Beautiful fabric choices too.