Monday, September 14, 2009

Fair/Show Season

I can't believe it has been 3 weeks since I have written. It's been a good 3 weeks. My sister came for a visit. We made it to the County Fair to see the chickens and the quilts. Well, that is why I went. I just love the chicken barn. Unfortunately the quilts are not on display as in a quilt show. I do not enter, but I like to support my students that do enter. Still, I had a vivid dream that I entered and forgot to pick up my entry when the fair was over. That cracks me up.

I got a bit of quilting done in the last month. Just a little bit. This four block sampler is a class sample for a new Thirtysomething class I am calling "Fancy That". Also quilted only 1 comfort quilt.
Last Friday I went to Quilt Expo in Madison. I haven't been there in a few years. I don't really care for the way the show is set up, but everything else about it is good. I managed to rest my feet and sit in on a few afternoon lectures. I won't tell you how much I spent. Not much to look at; I ordered a bunch of batting. It's a pretty big show. I went with Judy and we didn't run into each other ALL day. It was very enjoyable to attend a big show like Quilt Expo and not have to work while I was there. I won't share photos because I didn't get permission from any of the quilters. I hope I get to another show or two for fun this fall.
Also, I have been busy working on the next raffle quilt for church. The ladies will be surprised tomorrow to see all the prep I have done. We are making the Delectable Mountains quilt shown here. I did this with Electric Quilt. With quilting at church tomorrow, I will close now. Let's hope I remember my camera and have more to post later this week. Thanks for stopping. Sew long.

1 comment:

SueR said...

I like the Thirties Something quilt, always thought that was a cool idea. The Delectable Mountains quilt will be really pretty too. Thanks to you, I finally got started hand piecing some hexagons and hope to finish a diamond in the next day or two and post it. How about you, is there a hexagon quilt in the near future for you?