Monday, August 3, 2026

Four More Flimsies

 I've put together four more small quilt tops. Once quilted they will go  up for donation too. 

I put a kit together for this first one about 2 years ago. Then I took it to retreat last November. I'd left at home the photo (Instructions) but thought I recalled how it went together. So simple. Now I need to remember I don't remember like I used to. I was wrong with what I had sewn so it was packed up until recently. I do  like it and likely will do another. This started with a layer cake which I rarely buy. Easy enough to cut from stash next time.


I made these stars last winter I think. Unsure if I wanted to make more or how I wanted to set them. I packed them away with my Civil War scraps and came across it a few weeks ago as I was shuffling things around in the closet. I decided on the quick finish. 


Our church quilting club was gifted this fun sunflower fabric with a few coordinating prints. When the yellow dresden plate block came in I thought to put it together with the sunflowers and a checkerboard border. That didn't work for me so I finished it simply. The dresden is a bit pale but I will use a bunch of yellow thread. I bet I still have some fabric crayons around too. That could be fun. That light blue is a better match for real. 


I made the checkerboard. That's how I knew I didn't like it with the sunflowers. I couldn't let it go to waste so I made the center star from a drawing Lisa had at her machine. Quick decision. Those can be the best kind. 

I already passed the rest of the sunflower fabric to Lois. I asked her to use some and then challenge another quilter in the group. 

All this sewing and only the sunflower fabric left a gap in the closet. Still plenty of scraps in the 1 of 4 Civil War boxes of scraps. And the first quilt was also in a box with another project. I may be tweaking plans for that next. I'll be looking for more to finish up quickly to declutter the closet. 

Till next time, let's go sew some more.


No comments: