Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Early Rising

I'm up early. It is light out but it is wet with dew so I'm not outside yet. It is nice and cool and now would be a good time to work in the garden if it weren't for the mosquitoes. It seems they like it when it is cool outside too, always a bigger pest early late in the day.
Since Mark retired 5 years ago our schedule has changed from 2nd shift to 1st. I don't mind like I thought I would as long as I get my rest. With the change in schedule it's often too wet to work out early. I've tried to do more sewing then in the morning, but that's not happening. Yet I'm anxious to sew. What is happening?
I thought I would finally post a few pictures of the cotton quilt I finished for my bed. I wanted all cotton thinking it wouldn't be so warm. It is still too warm for me most night, but I like it on the bed anyway.


I started another quilt at Studio 3 but set that aside for now cause I misplaced the ruler for the stars.


Then I pulled out another I had started. Not sure of the size I'll make it but I think I will stop at 9 blocks. I've really enjoyed the small quilts on my dining room table. I was never one for tablerunners. I've got several just the right size for the table, some are quilted and some aren't that I'm planning on finishing. I'd also like to make a few more that size cause it's so nice to rotate them and enjoy them up close every day. Photos will follow as they are near finished.




No comments: