Thursday, December 3, 2015

Sample, Reject and Surplus Blocks

It's been a quilty couple of days. Tuesday we met at church to start the next raffle quilt. It went well. Some more fabric was donated. A few nice big pieces for backs and I think Nancy donated a handful of orphan blocks.  We like that. Thank you. Some of the blocks went well with one of the piles that didn't have enough to go with them when I sorted 2 days earlier.  I'd say now they do, wouldn't you agree? Especially since I was rummaging in another box here the other day and came across another assorted dozen blocks I overlooked last weekend.

After planning so many more sampler quilts over the weekend I thought I better plan to work on one next. I will need to use spacers with all the odd sizes in this collection of blocks. I think the upper four 9-patch blocks will need to be separated, enlarged or trimmed or something else; can't leave them like that. Also not sure I will leave the group of same pattern blocks together. Maybe some but not all. Any suggestions???

Yesterday at Studio 3 I worked some more on my blue and taupe quilt. I'd misplaced one of the fabrics, but finally found it. I was there this morning too but didn't have a chance to work on it except to square up some Square-in-a-square units. Mark went out tonight and I spent an hour putting out a few Christmas decorations.  Rudy got pretty excited when he heard the BIG jingle bells. His favorite toy has a little ribbon and jingle bell tied on the end of a string on the end of a stick.

Tomorrow after Studio 3 I WILL start quilting the Pine Tree tabletopper. Unless something better comes up. Happy December everyone.




1 comment:

Cathy said...

What a lovely variety of blocks. They sparkle. Hugs