Monday, August 18, 2014

In Need of Quilting

I finished the Shoo-Fly quilt the other day. It does not fit on the flannel wall with the border so I didn't take another picture of it. It is ready for quilting and will get added to the pile. If you missed it, I showed it in the last post.

Next up to be quilted is this Thirtysomething sampler from my new Block Book. I need to find a back for it first so that will probably require a trip to a shop. That's always fun. I'll do custom quilting on this so maybe I'll show some pictures as I go.

In the mood to do some piecing. You wouldn't think I'd say that but I guess the Shoo-Fly just wasn't my kinda quilting. Any purple lovers out there wanna buy that quilt top???  I guess I like a little more of a challenge than that was. And I guess I really like the 1800's reproductions more than the batiks.

Time to check out all the other posts linked up to Judy's Patchwork Times.


2 comments:

Nann said...

What a great setting! Are you going to teach "thirtysomething" at our guild workshop this fall?

Gayle Bong said...

Thanks Nann, but No, the workshop is Infinite Stars. Unless you pester Heather to change it.There is still time.