Friday, September 7, 2012

More to Sew

Yes, I have been working on some quilts. Not often enough otherwise I'd have posted. Still deciding if I want to include red or green in the quilt. But the big hold-up was deciding how I wanted to arrange the maple leaves. Now that I have decided, I know how many more to make. Too many. Like 54 more.  So, I may have to tweak the layout a bit. I hope I won't be sick of orange after this.


It reminds me of the year I made 5 big pink quilts. UGH! The last one was named Pepto Bismal. And Why Pink? I only remember that one was a gift and the requested color. Still don't like Pink in quilts too much anymore. Love pink flowers though.

Also made a few more stars for the Ladies in Waiting quilt.  That one will take a while too cause it's another big quilt and I really want to work on it only away from home.

Fall is here and that means quilt show season. I haven't decided which ones I will enjoy this year. Hope you get to see a few.




2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Definitely a lot of leaf blocks! I'm looking forward to seeing what the final setting will be.

I wish we had lots of fall quilt shows to see out here in NM, but they are few and far between. That is one of the things I miss about not living in a more populated region.

cityquilter grace said...

there's something about fall that brings out leaf quilts in all of us, i think...i just love autumn fabrics too!